|Seamus inspects kale|
Today I took a quick break to walk to a small farmer's market in Opelika with another friend, and picked up some fresh turmeric (which I've never seen before and looks like fresh ginger) and fresh kale. I'm saving the turmeric to add into my morning smoothies, but used the kale as the base for cooking up that tofu.
Sesame Kale with Fried Tofu
1 package extra-firm tofu
2 tbl flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 large bag of fresh kale
3 tbl canola oil
2 tbl sesame oil
1 tbl black sesame seeds
1. Mix flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
2. Chop tofu into medium-sized cubes and stir with the dry ingredients to coat.
3. Heat a small frying pan with 2 tbl of canola oil.
4. Wash kale and heat 1 tbl canola oil in a wok.
5. Fry the tofu slices, a few minutes on each side.
6. Stir-fry the kale for about 5 minutes. Add sesame oil, tofu, sesame seeds, and a sprinkle of salt crystals. Stir and serve.