Quinoa Salad with Roasted Zucchini, Green Beans & Goat Cheese
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1/2 lb green beans, snapped into bite sized pieces
saucepan 1/2 full of water
3 cloves garlic, smushed and diced
2 cups zucchini, chopped into thick triangles
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp shallot salt
3 oz soft goat cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Boil saucepan 1/2 full of water.
3. Mix quinoa and water in another saucepan and put on to boil.
4. Once the first saucepan is boiling, add the green beans to it. Once the quinoa and water comes to a rolling boil, cover and turn the heat down to simmer.
5. Mix 1/2 cup olive oil with garlic, tarragon and shallot salt.
6. Place the zucchini pieces on a cookie sheet (cover with aluminum foil to shorten clean up). Pour oil mixture over the zucchini and bake for about 20 minutes, or until soft.
7. Once everything finishes cooking (about 20 minutes for the green beans, 15 for the quinoa, and 20-25 for the zucchini), mix the quinoa with the goat cheese and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Then add in the beans and zucchini. Salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy hot, or this recipe would also be deliciously refreshing cold - tomorrow I plan to add some cucumber chunks (also from the gorgeous upstate garden) to the mix!
|here's a pic from my |
recent hike in Acadia!