|Amy's Rosemary Bread|
2 cups arborio rice
3 tbl olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic, smushed and diced
2 cups dry white wine
3-4 small shallots, peeled and chopped
2-3 large white onions, peeled and chopped
6-8 cups vegetable broth (I make my own with boiling water and a bouillon cube or two)
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tbl fresh basil, chopped
2 cups arugula
salt and pepper
1. Bring vegetable broth to a gentle simmer on the stove top (on the back burner).
2. Turn on the heat under a large saucepan and a large frying pan and put 1 1/2 tbl olive oil in each.
3. Put half of the garlic in each pan.
5. As the onions are caramelizing (add additional wine if the pan gets too dry and stir regularly), add laddle-fuls of broth into the rice mixture, stirring occasionally as it absorbs and waiting until it absorbs to add more broth.
6. After the onions begin to turn light brown, add half of the basil.
7. Once the rice becomes soft and creamy, turn off the heat and stir in the cheeses and the onion mixture.
8. Add salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil to taste.
9. Construct arugula nests on plates and place the risotto in the center. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped basil.
Enjoy with a nice wine!
|a lovely tablespread|