1 tbl evoo
2 cloves garlic, smushed and diced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup white wine
1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 eggplant, chopped and left to sit with sea salt sprinkled over it for at least 15-20 minutes
1 potato, peeled and chopped
1/2 of a large celeriac root, peeled and chopped
4 pieces of prosciutto, sliced (optional)
1 tbl herbs de provence
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan.
2. Once heated, add garlic and diced onion, and stir fry alone for a few minutes.
3. Add prociutto pieces and herbs de provence and let brown slightly.
4. Add the cup of white wine and let it cook down.
5. Then slowly add the chopped vegetables, stirring frequently to mix.
6. Allow vegetables to cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the pan becomes too dry, occasionally coat the base of the pan with a cup of water.
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
My friend and I also made and loved the Leek Toasts with Blue Cheese from Smitten Kitchen - give these a try: http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/05/leeks-toasts-with-blue-cheese/
We also had some extra caramelized leeks from this dish, and just added them to our ragu.